What is an architect? What do architects do?

Architecture is a regulated profession in Canada, requiring a master degree, internship and exams. Architects have a general background in building related education, including building science and design. Architects assist their clients in realizing built projects. They help with the initial stages of planning and defining projects parameters through to the different stages of design and the creation of building drawings. As the project is built, they act as a representative of the client ensuring the building is built to their standards.

What is the difference between an architect, an interior designer and a designer?

The profession of architecture is tightly regulated in Canada. To be able to call yourself an architect you must have completed a Master of Architecture at an accredited university, as well as an internship and series of exams. Architects often practice both architecture and interior design. In Ontario, interior designers are also tightly regulated. They must complete an accredited degree, minimum experience requirement and exams. The title designers is a non regulated and requires no education, experience or exams.

What types of projects do you specialize in?

We have expertise in most building types with a focus in residential and experiential architecture. We are interested in any project with unique parameters or clients looking for something unique or artistic.

What makes Fabricae unique?

Fabricae is an exceptionally client focused firm that creates bespoke designs that are developed from extensive profiles developed with each of our clients. It focuses on being authentic and meaningful to our clients and their vision with artistic and creative solutions.